NET’s Core Values
The National Education Trust is a values-led organisation, and all our work is underpinned by our core values:
- We are all capable of achieving excellence;
- We are inclusive and challenging of disadvantage;
- We behave with integrity;
- We seek high challenge and robust enquiry.
Within the education arena, NET applies these core values in three main areas: Education Services; Policy, Research and Practice; and Academy Sponsorship. Our work is characterised by a single, three-strand mission:
- Address educational disadvantage;
- Develop great leadership and learning;
- Sustain excellence in the classroom.
In tireless pursuit of this mission, we will:
- Champion the potential of all children;
- Achieve excellence in the NET academies and in our work with partner schools;
- Support sector-wide development of education through influencing and developing education policy and research;
- Produce and promote high quality, innovative, value for money school improvement products and services;
- Develop innovative and affordable professional development opportunities.
Achieving Excellence in the NET Academies
Within the NET academies, Excellence as Standard will be achieved by:
- Securing outstanding leadership at all levels within the school;
- Appointing highly qualified, excellent teaching, administrative and learning support staff;
- Investing in staff and governor development and learning;
- Establishing a regular forum for students and families to discuss views with school leaders and governors;
- Developing excellent governance and strategic planning, including legal, promotional and financial management.
The School’s Aims Statement
- To ensure that every child is valued and succeeds.
- To provide a caring, supportive environment that provides high expectations.
- To build purposefully on each child’s previous learning and to make learning a real, vivid, enriching, challenging and enjoyable experience.
- To promote the role of children as partners in their learning.
- To promote care and consideration by and for all members of the school community.
As an academy we aim to provide a safe, nurturing and stimulating environment where all children have the opportunity to realise their full educational, social and personal potential in preparation for a lifetime of learning.